long time coming travel blog: Day One








Sorry I'm so behind the times... very difficult to have internet access while on a bike. Here's what you missed:



To the right: the "torture device" at the start of my ride at York Beach.













Lovely picture of York Beach at 9am on Saturday


Day One: This ride started out great, it was a cool, slightly breezy morning in York Beach, Maine. I was riding well and proceeded to get lost after the first turn in the directions but enjoying myself immensely. However, as the day grew into afternoon, the temperature was rising and my legs were tiring. I was ready for a bed... any bed. I reached Portland mid afternoon when the mercury hit 96 degrees and I was sweating like a man rather than the graceful goddess I truely am. After much cursing of the gods and any one within earshot, and much sslloowww riding I made it to my hotel. I was starting to think this was not the best idea (in a long line of truely fine ideas) I've ever had. But after a good dinner and a better sleep I was ready for day two.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First blog post... here I am

The Pain Continues: Day Two

Day Thirteen: The Kindness of Strangers