Updated Urban Sketcher post

Hi all,
It's been a while since I posted and I've kicked up my game a little. I have joined the Urban Sketchers group here in Portland. They are a fun group of amazing artists...professional, amateur and all talented. It is a great learning experience to meet up and look at a location from different sets of eyes. You can check out their blog here: http://urbansketchers-portland.blogspot.com

I have also updated my kit of traveling supplies. I've learned more about what works and what doesn't work for me...so here it is:

I have my own watercolor kit with scavenged tube watercolors from cheap coleman to some pricy utrecht artist line. As I get better with my skills I plan to upgrade my watercolor kit.

Other items on my list:
Pigma Micron .005 very fine line ink pen
Copic Multiliner with replaceable ink cartridge - .05 and .01
Niji waterbrush - medium and small - mini size
pentel 0.5mm mechanical pencil
woodless graphite pencil 4B
knead eraser
small pencil sharpener
medium binder clip - for holding everything down
clickable white eraser
Also, I throw in replacement lead and erasers for my Pentel pencil, and a little sponge for cleaning my brushes.

I bought most of my supplies at Blick, Utrecht and Amazon.

And, of course, sketchbooks:
I was using a moleskine sketchbook, but it didn't take the watercolor well and the moleskine watercolor books with cold press paper is hard to draw on. So I used the coptic binding technique I learned (and directions from this website) https://www.trumpetvine.com/moleskine-reloaded/
to rebuild a moleskine with my own paper. So I took a small moleskine planner and replaced the "innards" with Arches 90lb hot press watercolor paper. It's exactly what I've been looking for.

Now off to do some artwork. I'm thinking of doing a portrait of my neighborhood here in the NE of Portland. And, of course, the bridges...

Comments

  1. Thoroughly enjoyed your blog on Urban Sketch and your supplies notes. Thanks for the helpful hints!��

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First blog post... here I am

The Pain Continues: Day Two

Day Eight: Single Girl Isolation